We care for the health of your skin
2121 Santa Monica Blvd., (Garden Level), Santa Monica, CA 90404
Tel: 310-449-5265 - Fax: 310-449-5273
What are skin rashes?
Rash is a general term for inflammation that affects the skin and usually appears as a red patch or small bumps or blisters. Rashes can be a symptom of other problems. They may or may not be itchy or painful.
A rash may be a sign of a more serious illness, such as an autoimmune disease, kidney disease, thyroid disease or liver disease. Sometimes complex rashes or itching alone occur around the time a cancer develops. If you experience a rash or severe itching that does not go away on its own after a short time, it should be evaluated for diagnosis and treatment.
Common conditions resulting in rashes (skin inflammation)
• Atopic Dermatitis, also commonly called eczema
• Bacterial Infections, such as impetigo
• Contact Dermatitis, caused by skin allergies
• Chronic Skin Problems, such as acne, rosacea, psoriasis or seborrheic dermatitis
• Fungal Infections, such as ringworm (Tinea) or yeast (Candida) infection
• Viral Infections, such as warts, shingles or herpes